What is #RedForEd
It is a movement started by teachers, education support professionals, administrators and others in the community who care about the state of education in Arizona.
The goal is to ensure that all students have access to highly qualified and experienced teachers, that educators are compensated fairly, and to improve the educational environment in the state of Arizona.
The Crisis in Arizona:
- There is an unprecedented teacher shortage.
- We have the second-largest median class size in the U.S.
- We are near the bottom in per-pupil spending.
- We have the worst counselor-to-student ration in the country
- We have endured the largest education funding cuts in the nation
What do the teachers want?
- 20% raise for teaching and certified staff
- Competitive wages for classified staff
- Restore overallK-12 funding to 2008 levens
- No new tax cuts until per-pupil spending reaches national average
- Annual raises until teacher salaries reach national average.
A Call for Community Action
Call your legislators and Governor. Tell them you stand with Arizona’s Educators/Support Staff and support a sustainable funding solution for public education. Here is a link to find your district rep with email and phone number. https://www.azleg.gov/findmylegislator/
Contact Gov. Ducey’s Office and ask the same. 602-542-4331
More information on the #RedForEd movement is being updated daily at www.ArizonaEducatorsUnited.com